This month take some time to reflect and talk about how you EMBODY the qualities of a leader.
1 Timothy 4:11-16
Reflect and Discuss
Begin with silent reflection before discussing. This can be a moment of silence or a time for journaling. If the group jumps right into discussion, we are less likely to listen to others. We become preoccupied with what we are going to say and are not completely present as we listen to others that are sharing. By taking some time to personally reflect, we can focus on hearing what others are sharing.
Afterwards, engage in a group discussion with these following questions.
- What jumps out at you from this reading?
- How is modeling the faith different from embodying it?
- Who embodied the faith for you?
- Is it important to know that those who embody the faith are not perfect? Why or why not?
How can we embody the faith for others?
- As a team, how can we be better at embodying the faith for others? How can we be more intentional in:
- Preparing for Camp Hope supplies, facilities, etc.
- Passionately in sharing the good news and this ministry with church members and friends in the community?
- What goals do I need to set for myself? (You may wish to use these questions as a silent personal reflection time.)
- How is my prayer life?
- How am I engaged in bible study or a small group?
- Who do I turn to as a mentor?
Questions? Suggestions? Join the conversations online